Sarah’s Famous Lamb Shanks
Servings: 4 people
- 2 Lamb shanks per person
- 1 Red capsicum Chopped in small pieces
- 1 Yellow capsicum Chopped in small pieces
- 3 Celery sticks Chopped in small pieces
- 3 Garlic cloves Cut finely
- 1 bottle Delicious red wine I use Shiraz/Merlot
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds Crushed
- Red chillies To your liking. Chopped finely
- 400 g Tinned Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Preheat oven (fan forced) to 150oC.
- Season the shanks with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a casserole dish and when hot brown the shanks.
- Remove shanks, add all vegies to dish and sweat off for 10 minutes until vegies are a little soft.
- Pour the marinade of wine, tomatoes & honey into a large bowl and stir.
- Scatter the ground spices over the vegies, pour the marinade into the casserole dish & stir all ingredients together.
- Add the lamb shanks to the casserole dish and bring to the boil.
- Cover the dish with a lid and place the dish in the oven.
- Turn the shanks half way through the cooking.
- When the shanks are ready, the meat will fall away from the bone.
- Serve the shanks on a bed of creamy mashed potato and pour some of the sauce over the shanks.
- The left over sauce is perfect to add spag bol, mince or to just have on toast. So don’t throw it away –just freeze it for another day.
- Sit down, have a glass of wine and enjoy the compliments you will receive as these will be the best cooked shanks in the world. Enjoy!