Summer Chicken Salad
For the salad
- 2 Chicken thighs per person
- Rocket lettuce
- Fresh Asparagus
- Red onion
For the marinade
- Fresh chillies (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Place grated ginger, finely chopped chillies (wash hands well after chopping chillies!) and chopped leaves of corriander into a bowl.
- Add a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper then mix the ingredients well and pour onto chicken thighs.
- Marinate chicken thighs for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Steam asparagus for 4 minutes and rinse in cold water.
- Add rocket, cooked asparagus, sliced avocado, sliced mango and sliced red onion ina salad bowl.
- Dress the salad with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cook thighs in a pre-heated grill at 180oC for around 7 minutes each side or until cooked.
- When the chicken is cooked, slice and toss through the salad.