The Easiest Beef and Vegetable soup
- 800 g chuck or gravy beef, diced
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 3 sticks celery chopped small
- 2 carrots peeled & chopped small
- 1 onion peeled & chopped small
- 1 leek chopped small
- 1 chilli (if you like a little heat)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped small
- 2 lt vegetable or chicken stock
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- a small pasta such as ditali lisci (from the Barilla brand) (optional)
- Peel & chop up all of your vegetables.
- Heat a stock pot on the stove and add a little olive oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add all of the vegetables, salt & pepper and sweat them off for about 5 minutes until they are a little soft.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and stir through the vegetables.
- Pour in the vegetable or chicken stock, replace the lid to the pot and bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, reduce the heat to a simmer and add the diced chuck or gravy beef.
- Allow to simmer for 50 minutes.
- Serve with a little fresh parsley.
Optional While the soup is simmering, you can cook the little pasta, drain and leave until the soup is ready. Once you have served up the soup you can add the cooked pasta to the soup. This is one of the most heartiest, enriching & soul soaring soups ever. The world seems ever so wonderful after you have eaten this soup.Enjoy!